1. Publication and authorship
- Open access policy. The Annals of the University of Craiova. Series Geography is an open access journal (in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access), which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
- License terms. The journal is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License [BY-NC].
- The articles published in our journal can be freely used and shared (free access to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format), as long as it is attributed to the author(s) and the journal by citing the name of the author(s) and the name of the journal [Attribution – BY].
- The authors of the articles and the journal itself allow all types of non-commercial use of the papers and, on the contrary, restrict their use for commercial purposes [Non-commercial use – NC].
- Users can use, reuse and build upon the material published in the journal but only for non-commercial purposes.
- Charges, Article processing charges. The Annals of the University of Craiova. Series Geography does not any charges within the publication process.
- Authors copyright and publishing rights. The journal allows the author(s) to hold the copyright and to retain publishing rights without restrictions.
2. Publishing ethics issues
- Originality: In order to avoid ethical violations, the journal publishes only original material that was not published before and is not considered for publication elsewhere. Redundant publications (publishing small parts of the same research in several papers) should be avoided.
- Authors contribution: All authors listed on the manuscript must have contributed a significant part to it. Vice versa, all persons who contributed to the scientific work need to be named in the list of authors.
- Citation manipulation: Any manipulation of citations (e.g. citations solely aiming at increasing an author’s or a journal’s citations) is not well-regarded.
- Plagiarism (the use of any material and ideas developed or created by another person without acknowledging the original source): The journal is committed to maintaining the highest level of integrity in the published content. The editor-in-chief decides whether a manuscript should be rejected because of fraud or should proceed to the peer-review process.